Dean of Curriculum and Instruction
In your role, you will be one of the lead executors of Rooted’s instructional team. As our Dean of Instruction, you will work in step with our School Leader, and instructional team to fulfill our school-wide vision.
We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission.
We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something, you could be wrong).
We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (comfort with frequent, focused change and ambiguity + strong initiative).
We want teammates committed to equity for all students.
Essential duties and responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coach teachers toward instructional mastery and provide ongoing, differentiated support based on teacher skill, experience, and needs, using the Classroom Framework as the blueprint
- Manage and hold teachers accountable to college readiness through teacher development (e.g.. observations, full lesson observations, goal setting, coaching)
- Develop, support, and maintain a safe, engaging culture focused on student learning
- Master and model all aspects of the Classroom Framework of Instructional Practice
- Build relationships with and among teachers and invest in the professional success of all staff members
- Manage and hold teachers accountable to college readiness through teacher development (e.g., observations, full lesson observations, goal setting, coaching)
- Routinely analyze student, class, and wing data to drive instruction, student growth, and professional development to ensure that all student needs are met
- Promote, model, and reinforce all Rooted and school procedures (e.g., School-wide Behavioral System, Behave with Care, Moral Focus)
- Manage parent relationships
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding efforts for direct reports
- Administer annual evaluations
- Lead wing PLC meetings using data and state standards
- Directly supervise a group of teachers and support staff
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Additional duties as assigned