Director of Operation
The Director of Operations will work alongside the Principal, partnering to ensure your students receive an exemplary education.
We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s
• We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and
radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something,
you could be wrong)
• We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (mainly comfort with change
and ambiguity, strong initiative)
• We want teammates who have at least three years’ experience in operations with a track record of outstanding results.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads all aspects of school operations, including facilities, food and transportation services, school schedules, rosters, student information database, visitors, payroll, and benefits;
- Manages operations staff and ensures the smooth operation of the main office;
- Ensures school-wide compliance with health and safety laws, charter contracts, state education mandates, teacher certification, and federal and state workplace regulations;
- Leads student recruitment efforts to ensure fiscal solvency of the school;
- Ensure a fully functioning technology infrastructure;
- Creates and oversees the school’s budget, finances, and relationships with outside vendors;
- Ability to use data to drive improvements in systems and operations.
- Builds a joyful and rigorous school culture;
- Supports the Principal in fostering consistency in academic and behavioral expectations;
Family & Community Engagement
- Communicates regularly with families about their children’s performance, school policies, trips, and events;
- Builds and fosters relationships with community leaders and organizations, including maintaining a robust database of community organizations.
- Passionate commitment to improve the minds, characters, and lives of students both in and out of school;
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, in order to continuously improve school operations;
- Proactive, strategic problem-solver who is able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, often while balancing competing priorities;
- Grit, personal responsibility, and a dedication to continual professional growth;
- High quality communications skills with multiple audiences including teachers, students, families, vendors, and colleagues;
- School-based or other educational experience preferred;
- Experience managing others preferred;
- Required experience:
- 4 or more years of work experience;
- Project planning experience, with proven ability to see large projects through to completion;
- A Bachelor’s degree.