Family Coordinator – Part-time / contract
The Family Engagement Coordinator conducts outreach to families and community-at-large on behalf of the school. The Family Engagement Coordinator promotes parent engagement in their child’s education through greater involvement with the school. This includes keeping families informed about activities happening at the School, coordinating workshops that enrich the school, student and family experience, and promoting school, student and family culture through special events.
- Fosters strong and mutually beneficial community partnerships
- Creates opportunities to involve all parents in the education of their child
- Coordinates academic-based learning opportunities/workshops for parents
- Organizes parent volunteer program
- Assists parents with the understanding of progress reports, school progress reports, and report cards
- Calculates and keeps accurate data of parental involvement
- Serves as a liaison between the school and any students/families in need of specialized or supplemental supports and services
- Develops a comprehensive plan to ensure maximum parent and family engagement
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree or two years of college. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in education, programming, youth development and/or service delivery management.
- Basic knowledge of education systems and large arts/cultural organizations
- Highly developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.