Foreign Language Instructor (Fall 2022)
The Foreign Language teacher will be tasked with teaching students how to speak and write in the foreign language, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience. You should be able to work with students who have different capabilities and interests.
To be successful as a Foreign Language teacher, you should demonstrate patience, passion, and excellent analytical skills. Outstanding candidates are able to identify students’ strengths and weaknesses and take an innovative approach to language teaching.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessing the capabilities of the students and developing appropriate lesson plans and curricula.
- Pronouncing words and phrases and explaining their meanings to students.
- Conducting research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Using both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Teaching the various tiers of foreign language to students.
- Developing and grading informal and formal written and oral assessments.
- Scheduling feedback sessions with students and providing extra support or enrichment activities as required.
- Making recommendations to students for further learning and development.
- Organizing conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
- Updating records and handling various administrative duties.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in French language or literature.
- Degree in education or a teaching certificate may be required.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- Innovative thinking.
- Good administration skills.