In your role, you will be one of the lead executors of Rooted’s finance and operations systems and procedures. As our Operations Manager, you will work in step with our School Leader, and instructional team to fulfill our school-wide vision.
We want teammates who demonstrate a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission.
We want teammates who have an unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness (that, regardless of how much you know about something, you could be wrong).
We want teammates who thrive in a startup environment (comfort with frequent, focused change and ambiguity + strong initiative).
We want teammates committed to equity for all students.
Essential duties and responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Operations Manager manages the implementation of the school’s board-approved annual budget as well as the day-to-day operations of the school, such as transportation and food service. Under the direction of the School Leader, the Operations Manager develops and maintains processes for report submission, personnel management, and financial management.
- Manage vendor relationships, holding service providers accountable to Rooted Standards
- Develops and maintain systems of effectiveness and efficient internal controls and reporting
- Oversee all supplies and curriculum procurement in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Oversee enrollment procedures and student registration process, along with compliant maintenance of student files and information systems
- Oversee transportation vendor management to ensure the timely and safe delivery of student services
- Oversee food service management to ensure compliance requirements are met, including proper food reimbursement processes
- Work directly with landlord to ensure Rooted is a safe and compliant space for students and families
- Manage custodial expectations and work with custodial team members around general expectations and special events
- Actively establishing Rooted culture among students, partners, and the community at large
- Manages the day-to-day finances of the organization including the following specific responsibilities:
- Manages board-approved annual operations budget to ensure fiscal stewardship and sustainability for the organization including timely accounts payable.
- Facilitates, prepares for, and attends annual audits, and implements any audit findings.
- Maintains compliance with policies and laws.
- Works with back-office support to ensure all financial obligations are satisfied with local, state, and federal law.
- Acts as Point-of-Contact for Paylocity payroll and human resources supports.
- Submit required academic, organizational, and financial documents and reports
- Submit required documentation and reports to the Indiana Department of Education as required.
- Submit required reports to the Executive Director to be presented to the Board of Directors as required by board bylaws.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned by the School Leader.